3 facts I have are that 1.Stephen Gray divided the world into two different kinds of substances conductors and insulators. 2.300 years ago Stephen Gray created a machine that could generate static electricity. 3.Glass, ceramic objects and silk are just some of the materials that insulate electricity.
2 understandings that I have now are that 1.Insulators hold the electric charge and 2.conductors let the electricity move freely.
A question I have is that why did Gray use an orphan to lie across the swings and not a random person?
Our unit this term was natural disasters. We had to do an information report with 4-6 questions that we made up. I did volcanoes as my natural disaster. To see my information report click information-report-volcanoes.
3 facts that I found interesting or surprising are:
- Most natural disasters are natural but some can be man made e.g: bush fires can be caused by cigarettes or unattended campfires.
- Some natural disasters can cause other natural disasters e.g: underwater earthquakes cause tsunamis.
- If you study natural disasters in depth they can be fascinating.
2 understandings I now have are:
- Natural disasters have always happened and we just get in the way of them happening. So they are neither good or bad.
- Natural disasters aren’t always bad as some trees need to get burnt so that they can produce seedling for the new plant.
1 wonder I still have is:
- How science can help with any natural disasters.
The most important thing that I learnt is that not all natural disasters are ‘bad’. I learnt that through examining information and seeing if I needed it or not. I am going to share this information with my family.
I went well with the question matrix because I generated 4 questions that were informative and I also clearly understand the use of the question matrix.
My information report has facts about the topic, an introduction with a statement to classify the subject and a conclusion.
My first paragraph introduces the topic and all of my paragraphs have a topic sentence. All of my paragraphs describe aspects of the topic and have ideas with supporting details. My paragraphs all have varied sentence beginnings and I have used different sentences like simple, complex and compound.
My information text has a use of headings and sub headings to divide and clarify. My information text included a glossary and a bibliography.
My diagram was pencil drawn with simple clean lines. I also added a picture off the internet with a caption.
My systems analysis identified a volcanic eruption as a system it also states all of the parts and how they work. I changed my systems analysis to see what would happen and made a conclusion about how it made changes in the system. I made conclusions about how the parts in my systems analysis interrelate and I also compared it to another system.